Advanced Control Theory
To be eligible for this course, students are expected to be familiar with the interdisciplinary and systematic approaches of control theory by previously having attended the course Automatic Control. This course specifically aims at students who would like to focus on control engineering within their studies.
Information on L2P Course Rooms
Registration for the L2P course rooms is usually performed by the students themselves, starting from the lecture site in the campus system. If you have trouble registering or you need a late registration, please contact your respective advisor.
The course includes the following topics:
- Root locus plots and controller design
- Optimal control
- State estimation
- Loop Shaping
- H-infinity control
- Control of time-discrete systems
- Model predictive control - MPC
- Switching control / Describing function method
- Dynamics of nonlinear systems
- Control of non-linear systems
- Control of time-variant systems